Dan vs the World

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Tokyo Blues

So according to the Lonely Planet there is absolutely nothing to do in Tokyo except to go see a couple gardens/temples/shrines, eat at a few restaurants, stay at overpriced hotels, go shopping, and, of course, go to the red light district. (stupid lonely planet) No wait, I was wrong, you can also go to Tokyo Disney (Which is apparently exactly the same as Disney Land in California.) So knowing that there is nothing else to do in Tokyo, I can safely say that my family and I will have a horrible time on our three day jaunt. Luckily I have other resources besides the Lonely Planet.... though it's a big pain gathering all this loose information. It seems that I spend more time planning for a trip than I actually do on the trip, and the planning is worthless, I always end up doing something completely different when I get there.
Why do I travel? Such a pain. I mean I always come back with good stories but man alive... what a pain.
The problem with traveling in Japan is everything is so nag dern expensive! I'm traveling during Golden week and they hike the prices because of the holidays. (jerks) Another problem is that I'm traveling on Golden week when everyone and their second cousin Ellis is traveling. So yeah, it'll be great!
Not to get down on this trip, or Japan, or traveling, I mean I enjoy getting wedged into a seat about the size of a milk crate for hours on end, who doesn't! And don't even get me started on Airlines! I'm not taking a plane this trip though, thank God!
So yeah I haven't really writing anything interesting yet, but, I'm working on it. Soon my web page will kick ass, until then.....
On a closing note here is a pic of me teaching the Japanese children. See I'm not full of shit, I am actually in Japan!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home