Dan vs the World

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

My life is a country music song.

My car broke down, my computer is a piece of crap, the nation of Australia is after me for an un-paid speeding ticket, and little kids are constantly trying to stick the fingers up my ass.

So, yeah, my car broke down…… again. This time it was really inconvenient since I was trying to drive my brother and father back to my apartment for their last night in Japan. Anyway, through quick thinking and INCREDIBLE skill….. (yeah….. skill, that’s it….) I managed to get us home. Now the guy how I’m renting this car from had had it, and he drove down today to give me another car (one the wouldn’t break so much?). So, I have gone from driving a small but sporty car with a fair size engine to driving the grandma mobile: a maroon car that sits about 2 inches off the ground, is big enough for me to fit in….. if I role down the windows and keep the trunk open…. and has, I think, a one and a half cylinder engine. It’s pretty sweet. I’m thinking about taking it out on the town this weekend, you know, cruse around… pick up chicks…. you know, the usual.

My computer…. Well, it’s the same as it has always been; only now I think I know the reason…. After sending it into the shop a couple times and, after a month, having it come back with the memory wiped, but with the problem still quite prominent, I have discovered that the CPU is flawed…. Freaken great, I should get it fixed before the warranty goes, but, man alive, I don’t wanna be without my computer for another month…. that sucks.

So yeah, I got a speed ticket in Australia, welcome to down-under! Yeah the ticket ($600!!!) was complete bullshit, they got me going 84 in a 50 (kph) successfully nabbing a foreigner who didn’t realize that the speed limit had dropped from the 110 it had previously been. Well I’m a little bitter about it, and it certainly didn’t make my stay in Australia any more pleasant. Yeah, I don’t think I'll be going back there…. But I guess the Australian government outsources there bill collection responsibility, so my Dad got a harassing letter addressed to me from that lovely government down-under. Yeah, so I caved and paid the blank-a-ty-blank ticket. Freaken aussies.

And kids are still trying to stick their fingers up my ass….

Ok, bitch session over, just had to get that out of my system. Now it’s time for burritos!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home