Dan vs the World

Monday, June 06, 2005

Antarctica Anyone?

Now, I’m a reasonable traveled man, not as traveled as some, but I do have four continents under my belt, North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia (god damn speeding ticket), so I’m not doing to badly. I figure that if I get the other two, South America and Africa, I’d be the man. But then it struck me….. wait, aren’t there seven continents? Why do I feel content to leave Antarctica off the list? Oh many of you would claim that since it’s really remote and far away and that since I could count the total population on one hand that it’s not worth going to, it would be too expensive and difficult and the only way to get there would be to become a scientist.

Sounds like a bet! So my brother, whose reasoning closely follows mine, was talking about a taking a boat from South America and hanging out in Antarctica for a little while. I told my friends about it while I was home for the wedding and they poo pooed the idea, say “Man, I know what Antarctica would be like, no doubt in my mind, and I don’t wanna go” fair enough. They also insisted that the only way to get there was via New Zealand aircraft for scientists.

SOOOOOOO…… I did a little research. Presenting one thing that I will do if I win the megabucks! Antarctic Cruise! Man this looks sweet, and not too too expensive considering the wild frontier that awaits. This is a brochure. So yeah I could go cheap, only about $4000 for the cruise, and since it leaves from Argentina, that’s too birds with one stone, of course I’d want to spend more time in South America too…. so this might be filtered into a Megabucks option.

Seriously though, Antarctica freaken kick ass. Not excited yet, check out these pics:















ok, ok so it’s gonna be colder than ass and the sun will never go down, but man alive it would be an experience. So any of you rich sponsors reading….. if you send me I promise to keep a kick ass web journal! another dream dashed by the whole reality thing. I guess I’ll just put it on the shelf next to the Zeppelin: the future of comfortable air travel (think about it! Zeppelin cruises, it would be kick ass!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home