Dan vs the World

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Look what I won!

So I was walking through Jusco (kinda the Japanese equivalent of Wal-Mart crossbred with a mini-mall) and I walked through this kid’s section, pretty much devoted to the drop-claw-waste-your-money-trying-to-get-worthless-crap type thingies, you know where the claw drops down into the machine and totally fails to grab anything. Well….. as many of my friends know, I have a weakness for these things, always convinced that I can get the better of them. Anyway, I’ve been trying to be strong about it lately since Japan is absolutely saturated with these types of machines. But I had a moment of weakness and dropped 100 yen into a machine filled with large stuffed animals. I dropped the claw and actually moved one of the animals so that it was precariously perched right over the victory chute. So this of course gets me riled up and enthusiastic about getting this thing, I knew with only one more try I could get it.

1000 yen later I was the proud owner of this:






Great what the hell am I gonna do with a huge stuffed figure from toy story. In retrospect it’s pretty funny they had this thing in a drop claw machine. The claw chose it….. and now I’m stuck with it. Freaken great! how the hell am I supposed to get it home? I guess I’ll try to give it to someone, maybe a little kid would like it….. maybe they would be scared of it…. maybe I could give it to Cat-lady. Let her cats tear it to shreds. hehehe yeah, just like in the movie Toy Story.



sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home