Dan vs the World

Friday, July 01, 2005

This is what I have to deal with every day.

So I recently got a e-mail from one of the teachers at one of my schools, I was planning on going to the World expo (formerly the World Fair) which is taking place nearby with a few of the teachers at this school. Now I’m a little hesitant to post the letter because the person who sent it is really nice and tries really hard, but it is a good example of my struggles to understand Japlish on a daily basis. This is the letter I received:


Dear.Dan
A letter mail slow and I'm sorry.
It is a matter of an international exposition.
A plan of all gets possible to match.
I provoke it,and I'm sorry.
If a teacher employment examination is over, all become
free.
Because an examination is July 21,I already return to
U.S.A?


Got that? Took me about an hour to decode it, but I’ll do it for you folks for free!

Dear.Dan = Dear Dan,

A letter mail slow and I'm sorry. = I’m sorry it took me so long to get in contact with you.


It is a matter of an international exposition. = So…. yeah…. about the expo…..

A plan of all gets possible to match. = (???? I think) it’s impossible to find a time when all of us can go.


I provoke it,and I'm sorry. = Sorry, my bad (I love this line… I think the Japlish is way better)

If a teacher employment examination is over, all become free. = We are all really busy because of the upcoming teacher’s licenses test. (they are all assistant teachers and still have to pass their final test), but we're free afterwards.

Because an examination is July 21,I already return to U.S.A? = The test is on July 21st, will you still be around then?

Either that or they are planning to visit me in the US, but I guess I find out in late July... anyone know how to cook sushi on a barbecue?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home